Peak EV Solutions is the only company in Colorado that is 100% focused on electric vehicle charger installation, replacement, and maintenance. We service all of the greater Denver area and front range.
Installing a home EV charging station can be a convenient and cost-effective way to power your Tesla, Ford, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, Volkswagen, Rivian, Chevy, or any other electric vehicle. But with a few different options for location, it’s essential to choose the best spot for your home EV charging station. Here are some things to consider when deciding where to install your charger:
- Accessibility: You’ll want to make sure your charger is easily accessible so you can plug in your car as soon as you get home. A good spot might be in your garage, or near the front of your house if you don’t have a garage.
- Proximity to outlets or electrical panel: Your charger will need to be plugged into an electrical outlet or wire to your electrical panel, so make sure the location you choose is close enough to one. A dedicated circuit for your charger can ensure it has a steady supply of power.
- Weather protection: If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, you’ll want to make sure your charger is protected from the elements. This could mean installing it in a covered area such as your garage or investing in a weatherproof charger.
- Convenience for guests: If you often have guests who drive electric cars, you might consider installing a charger in a more public area of your property, such as near your driveway or front entrance.
- Building and safety codes: Before installing your charger, be sure to check with a master electrician to ensure you are complying with all regulations. At Peak, we have 18+ years of experience and a licensed master electrician that will handle all home EV charging station installations.
By considering these factors, you can find the perfect location for your home EV charging station and enjoy the convenience of powering your EV at home.
Get a FREE EV charger installation quote!