Electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming more popular in Centennial as people look for ways to reduce their carbon footprint and save money on fuel costs. In fact, in 2022, 10.5% of all new car sales were electric in the state of Colorado. Explore the factors that affect the EV charger installation cost in Centennial in this article. We provide some general estimates and answer some common questions surrounding EV chargers. If you are still unsure about your specific project, feel free to reach out to us at Peak EV Solutions for a free estimate today.
Factors that Affect EV Charger Installation Cost in Centennial:
Several factors can influence EV charger installation cost in Centennial, including:
- Charger: Picking the right charger will be the main upfront cost when installing a level 2 charger at your home. You’ll want to consider things like cable length, charging speed, wifi capabilities, certification, and more. Check out our charging information or reach out to us to see what will work best for your situation.
- Electrical Capacity: The electrical capacity of your home or business will play a big factor in determining your cost. If your electrical system can’t support the charger’s power demands, you may need to upgrade your electrical panel, which can increase the cost.
- Permitting and Inspection Fees: In Denver and surrounding municipalities, you’ll need a permit to install an EV charger, and you’ll also need to have it inspected to ensure it meets safety standards. These fees will be added to the installation estimate.
- Labor Cost: The cost of labor will depend on the complexity of the installation, the location, and the contractor you choose.
- Hardwire or Plug: There are two popular ways to install a level 2 charger and that is either hardware or NEMA plug. You can learn more in our article titled “What is the difference between hardwiring an EV charger and installing a NEMA 14-50 plug?“
Estimated Cost of EV Charger Installation in Centennial:
Based on the above factors, the EV charger installation cost in Centennial is estimated to be between $500 and $2,000, with the average being about $1,700. It’s important to note that these are only estimates, and the actual cost of installation can vary based on your specific situation.
- Do I need a permit to install an EV charger in Centennial? Yes, you’ll need a permit from the city of Centennial or local municipality to install an EV charger. At Peak EV Solutions, our Certified Installers will handle all necessary permitting and include this in our costs.
- Can I install an EV charger myself? Working with electricity can be very dangerous and should only be done by professionals. It’s best to hire a licensed electrician through Peak EV Solutionswho specializes in EV charger installation.
- How long does it take to install an EV charger? The installation time can vary depending on the type of charger and the complexity of the installation. It’s best to expect to the project to take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours.
Installing an EV charger in Centennial can be a smart investment if you currently own or plan to buy an electric vehicle. While the cost of installation can vary depending on several factors, it’s generally affordable for most homeowners, especially considering the long-term benefits and potential value increase for home resale.
Get a FREE EV charger installation quote in Centennial!