There are approximately 1328 public charging stations in the city of Austin according to ChargeHub. Additionally, many Austin residents are installing NEMA 14-50 plugs or hardwired connections in their homes so they can conveniently charge their electric vehicles overnight in their garages. At Peak EV Solutions, we make the process simple and easy so that you can rest assured that your home EV charger installation project is done right the first time!
Differences Between a NEMA 14-50 Charger Plug and a Hardwired Connection
A NEMA 14-50 plug is a type of electrical outlet that is commonly used for high-power appliances, such as electric vehicles and electric dryers. It is a four-prong plug that can deliver up to 50 amps of power.
A NEMA 14-50 plug is a plug-and-play solution, while a hardwired connection is a permanent installation. This means that a NEMA 14-50 plug can be easily removed or unplugged, while a hardwired connection cannot.
Another difference between a NEMA 14-50 plug and a hardwired connection is the cost. A NEMA 14-50 charger plug is typically less expensive to install than a hardwired connection.
Why Install a Charging Plug in Austin?
There are several reasons to consider charger plug installation in Austin:
- Convenience: You can charge your electric vehicle overnight or whenever you need to, without having to go to a public charging station.
- Cost savings: Electricity is typically cheaper than gasoline, so you can save money on fuel costs by charging your electric vehicle at home.
- Increased resale value: Homes with EV chargers are becoming more and more desirable to buyers, so installing a charger could increase the resale value of your home.
- Rebates and incentives: Austin Energy is providing savings of up to $1,200 on the cost of an EV charger installation.
Check out what a recent client had to say about our charging plug installation services in Austin.
“Fast response and professional installation.”
– Robbie W., Austin, Texas owner of a BMW XM
Get a FREE quote for your charging plug installation in Austin!