Electric cars are becoming increasingly popular in Denver, CO as people look for ways to reduce their carbon footprint and save money on gas. One of the benefits of owning an EV is being able to charge it at home. In this article, we will guide you through the process of installing a ChargePoint Home Flex in your Denver home.
Why Install a ChargePoint Home Flex at Home in Denver?
Installing a ChargePoint Home Flex at home is a convenient way to charge your car without having to go to a public charging station. It also allows you to take advantage of lower electricity rates that are typically available during off-peak hours. In addition to being a universal EV charger, the Home Flex charges EVs up to 9Xs faster than a standard wall outlet and is SmartHome and Wifi enabled. Having a ChargePoint Home Flex at home can also increase the resale value of your home in Denver, as more and more homebuyers are looking for properties that are equipped to charge electric vehicles.
What You Need to Know Before Installing a ChargePoint Home Flex
Before you begin the installation process, there are a few things you need to know. First, you will need to have a licensed electrician, such as a Peak Certified Installer, perform the installation. Second, you will need to have a dedicated 240-volt circuit installed, which may require a breaker panel upgrade. Finally, you will need to check with your utility company and local government to see if they offer any rebates or incentives for installing a home charging station. If you are unsure, contact us today and we can help.
Choosing the Right Connection
There are two different types of connections available, a NEMA plug-in connection or a hardwired connection. You can read our article about the differences and potential benefits of differing connections here.
The installation process will vary depending on the type of charger you choose and the layout of your home. Generally, the process will involve the following steps:
- Choose the location for your charger, which should be close to where you park your Tesla and within reach of the electrical panel.
- Pull the proper permits for installation. Our Installers will handle all of this for you!
- The electrician will install a 240-volt circuit and breaker panel, if needed. Depending on what charger you choose, you can have it either hardwired or have a plug installed.
- The electrician will then install the charger and run the necessary wiring.
- Lastly, the electrician tests the charger to ensure it is working properly.
Cost of Installing a ChargePoint Home Flex in Denver
The cost of installing a ChargePoint Home Flex will depend on several factors, including the type of charger you choose, the location of your electrical panel, and the complexity of the installation process. On average, you can expect to pay between $500 and $2,000 for a basic installation. However, the cost can be higher if additional electrical work is needed such as a panel upgrade. Contact us today to get a free quote for your project.
Maintenance and Safety
Once your ChargePoint Home Flex is installed, following proper maintenance and safety procedures is important. This includes:
- Regularly inspecting the charger for damage or wear.
- Keeping the area around the charger clear of clutter and debris.
- Contacting a licensed electrician if you experience any issues with the charger.
Installing a ChargePoint Home Flex at home in Denver, CO is a great way to save money on gas and reduce your carbon footprint. While the installation process can be complex, it is well worth the investment. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your ChargePoint Home Flex is installed safely and properly.
- Do I need to have a licensed electrician install my ChargePoint Home Flex?
Yes, it is important to have a licensed electrician, such as a Peak Certified Installer, perform the installation to ensure it is done correctly and safely.
- How long does it take to install a ChargePoint Home Flex?
The installation process can take several hours or even a full day, depending on the complexity of the installation and the type of charger being installed.
- Can I install a ChargePoint Home Flex myself?
No, it is not recommended to install a ChargePoint Home Flex yourself. It is important to have a licensed electrician perform the installation to ensure it is done safely and properly.
- How much does it cost to charge an electric vehicle at home in Denver?
The cost to charge an electric vehicle at home will depend on the cost of electricity in your area and the amount of energy your car requires. On average, it can cost between $5 and $15 to fully charge an electric vehicle.
- Will installing a ChargePoint Home Flex increase the value of my Denver home?
Installing a ChargePoint Home Flex might increase the value of your home, as more and more homebuyers are looking for properties that are equipped to charge electric vehicles.