This week, I spoke with a new EV owner who had recently purchased a Tesla. When I asked what influenced his decision, he cited the recent price drops. It appears that Tesla has reduced prices again for the sixth time this year….
If you like the newsletter, send it to a friend who may also be into EVs. Show us some love.
“I find it a lot healthier for me to be someplace where I can go outside in my bare feet.”
– James Taylor
White House Quiz
What is the name of the call to action from The White House related to transitioning to EVs?
- Get Juiced
- The EV Ramp-Up Challenge
- The EV Fast Program
- The EV Acceleration Challenge
Click here for the answer and more details.
World Premier of the ID.7
Volkswagen introduces the new ID.7, its first global electric model for the upper mid-size class, featuring a range of up to 435 miles, a powerful 210 kW motor, and a spacious, high-quality interior. Designed for long-distance travel, the ID.7 is almost five meters long and offers premium technologies, including a new operating and display concept.
The ID.7 is set to launch in Europe and China this year, with a North American release in 2024. By 2026, Volkswagen aims to offer the widest electric range among manufacturers in Europe, with the goal of an 80% electric car share by 2030 and producing only electric vehicles in Europe from 2033.
- New Volkswagen ID.7 with up to a 435-mile range
- Charging capacity of up to 200 kW
- Launching in Europe and China this year
- Launching in North America in 2024
- Volkswagen aims for an 80% electric car share in Europe by 2030 and to produce only electric vehicles in Europe from 2033
Free Rivian Merch
It’s almost over. We will pick a winner at the end of April. The winner gets to pick out any single item on Rivian’s Gear Shop for up to $50. To be entered, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter
- Forward the newsletter to two friends and have them subscribe.
In Other EV News
- Polestar has unveiled its new electric performance SUV coupé, the Polestar 4, featuring a focus on aerodynamics, a spacious interior, and a top speed of 155 mph. The vehicle boasts a range of up to 373 miles (WLTP), bi-directional charging capability, and supports up to 200 kW DC and 22 kW AC charging.
- JLR announced plans to accelerate its transition to become a leading modern luxury car manufacturer by turning its Halewood plant in the UK into an all-electric production facility. JLR’s Engine Manufacturing Centre in Wolverhampton, UK, will shift to electric drive unit and battery pack production.
Peak EV Solutions is the only company in Colorado that is 100% focused on electric vehicle charger installation, replacement, and maintenance. We service all of the greater Denver area and front range.