We had a blast off roading with our ebikes this past weekend. We reached an altitude of about 12,800’ and enjoyed the solitude of nature with only an elk for company. The bikes performed well, but we wished they had a bit more power on some steep inclines. I took a tumble once, but nothing serious. My 4.5 year old son ignored his electric ATV all weekend…
Now, let’s get to the news!
“I never planned on getting into the automobile-industry, but I knew a better car could be built.”
What country did BYD, the world’s largest EV maker, pick to expand its EV operations to?
- Amazon and Rivian have introduced the first Rivian Electric Delivery Vans in Europe, deploying over 300 vans in Germany to expand their reach, promote sustainability, and enhance driver safety, while aiming for a global fleet of 100,000 electric vehicles by 2030 to reduce carbon emissions.
- A technological breakthrough has been claimed by Toyota, which has the potential to halve the weight, size, and cost of batteries, leading to a revolution in electric vehicles with significantly shorter charging times and increased driving range.
- In June, Volvo reported a 53.3% increase in sales compared to the same period last year, with Recharge models accounting for 29.3% of overall sales, representing a 79% growth over last year, while sales in Canada rose by 28.7% and Recharge models claimed a 24.7% share, contributing to Volvo’s successful journey towards full electrification by 2030.
- Stellantis has introduced the STLA Medium platform, a global BEV-by-design platform with a range of 435 miles and advanced features, designed to accommodate various vehicles and propulsion configurations.
- In the second quarter, Audi’s BEV sales accounted for 10% of their total sales volume.
- According to Peter Rawlinson, the CEO of Lucid, the key to affordable electric vehicles lies in prioritizing high efficiency and smaller battery packs, with a target range of 250 miles and an efficiency of six miles per kilowatt-hour. This approach has the potential to reduce production costs and make a $25,000 electric car a reality.
- Chinese car company SAIC plans to establish an electric vehicle plant in Europe, currently in search of a suitable location, while also reporting strong sales growth overseas, particularly with its MG Motor brand, which accounted for around 70% of SAIC’s vehicles sold outside China.
For more Electric Vehicle News and Autonomous Vehicle News, check out the rest of the free newsletter.
Peak EV Solutions is the only company in Colorado that is 100% focused on electric vehicle charger installation, replacement, and maintenance. We service all of the greater Denver area and front range.